What this is all about
Total Hydronic Balancing is a set of means and methods for making hydronic systems readily controllable so they provide the intended indoor climate at minimum operating cost.
For the design consultant, Total Hydronic Balancing is an inexpensive insurance policy against loss of professional reputation. For the operations staff, it is a potent prescription for trouble-free operation and ease of maintenance. For the property owner, it is a longterm guarantee against excessive operating costs.
TA Hydronics specialises in controllability. Our technology creates optimum conditions for controls to take control – and stay in control. Our expertise covers all types of hydronic systems – constant flow and variable flow, static balancing and dynamic balancing.
Did you know?
- Two out of three buildings have indoor climate problems.
- Most problems are caused by hydronic imbalances, not by control malfunctions.
- No hydronic system will function properly unless accurately balanced.
- Balancing devices account for less than 2 per cent of the HVAC investment.
- Yet balancing can cut energy consumption by up to 40 per cent.
- And put an end to complaints and costly remedies.
- The world’s first patent for a balancing valve was awarded to TA Hydronics in 1962.
- TA Hydronics continues to pioneer hydronic balancing methods and devices.
- TA Hydronics offers you the world’s broadest range of balancing products.
- TA Hydronics supports its balancing solutions anywhere in the world.
Immutable conditions for controllability
To provide a comfortable indoor climate, minimise energy costs and prevent operative problems, a hydronic system must be fully controllable. To be controllable, it must fulfil three conditions:
1. Design flows must be available at all terminals at full load.
2. The differential pressure across the control valves must not vary too much.
3. Flows must be compatible at system interfaces.